Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ancient Nord Helm

Deadbeard Props brings us this outstanding recreation of the Ancient Nord Helm from "Skyrim".  It's a great sculpt made even better by the paint job.




I really like the design work in Skyrim, but for some reason I just can't get into it.  There was a free trial weekend a few months ago on Steam and I just gave up and uninstalled after about four hours of play.  That's in contrast to the earlier Elder Scrolls game "Oblivion".  I picked it up during the Steam Summer Sale last week and absolutely love it.  I've only been able to work about half way through the Fighter's Guild quests because of time constraints, but the writing seems to be much better than in "Skyrim".

You know what's really weird?  I get interested in games based on the props produced by fans.  I was posting some of the cool weapons and accessories from "Fallout: New Vegas" long before I actually played it, and the same thing holds for "Oblivion". 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I 'like' Firefly, but I couldn't tell you the last time I watched an episode or the movie. 2014? I dunno. But I designed a T-shirt graphic inspired by Serenity not even a week ago.

I love HPL, but it's been a while since I've sat down and read anything by him. I just listened to The White Tree by the HPLHS, though.