Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Warriors of the Wasteland

 "If you don't go over the top, you can't see what's on the other side."
- Jim Steinman

Sweet Jebus, I swear there's an insanely over-produced Euro-LARP for every genre, and I mean that as a compliment.  Today we bring you Wasteland Warriors, a German post-apocalyptic cosplay group.  Their props and costumes are fantastically well-crafted, with layers upon layers of texture and weathering.  Because having an army of grimdark raiders wasn't enough, they also put together a fleet of Mad Max-style vehicles.  Browse through their entire gallery for some closer looks at their craftsmanship. 





1 comment:

CoastConFan said...

Mad Max to the rescue! This is indeed max LARPing. I saw the euro release of the second film, The Road Warrior (1981) as it was known in Europe. The original Mad Max film was pretty obscure here in the US and I don’t exactly remember where I first saw that one. I’m sure they both had a lot of impact there.

Judging from Propnomicon’s post, the influence is still going on and very impressive it is too. Although these films were Mel Gibson’s big break, it was the cars and later the costuming that made these movie stand out from the crowd. Although the original premise of the series, chaos triggered by an energy crisis, there are other global triggers, which could shatter the precarious balancing act of world economics and societies.

My understanding is that there will be a fourth Mad Max movie out this year, Fury Road. I’m sure hope I’m not going to be singing a modified version of the title song from the third film, “We don’t need another sequel” or words to that effect. Instead, to quote the poster on Mulder’s wall, “I want to believe”.

Article about the new Mad Max film, Fury Road: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max:_Fury_Road