Friday, October 19, 2012

Mummified Cottingley Fairy

The Schlitzie from the Replica Prop Forum brings us this mummified Cottingley Fairy corpse. I would strongly suggest reading through the entire thread at the forum, because there are some valuable lessons there. With each iteration of the project he steadily improves the quality of the gaff in both subtle and not so subtle ways every time. It's an excellent demonstration of the cumulative effect of minor improvements (curling the fingers in a death grip, positioning the body, adjusting the temperature used to mold the plastic wrap, etc...) over time.


2 comments:

Rhissanna said...

This is really very good. Realistic wings are the hardest thing to fake. Thanks you for continuing to curate your wonderful collection.

Laura Morrigan said...

I would chant: "I do believe in fairies, I do, I do, I do", but I am terrified that it would resurrect as a zombie fairy! Argh!